Luis Enrique’s Barcelona side will be remembered among the best teams in history. The treble they won last season killed all the doubts that had surfaced after January’s loss to Real Sociedad. 23/07/2015 “It’s a different way of playing — they’re defending a little bit deeper and not going and closing down teams the way they did and they’re hurting teams on the counter-attack,” the England international said. Wayne Rooney, who plays for Manchester United, Barça’s next opponents on their American tour, has analysed the current crop of plyers at the Catalan club, comparing them to Pep Guardiola’s side, who Rooney played against the 2009 and 2011 Champions League finals. “You can see there’s a change in the way they play but, with the players they have got, obviously [Lionel] Messi, Neymar and [Luis] Suarez, they are a massive threat to anyone.” CEST “Barcelona are a fantastic team and, after Real Madrid winning the Champions League [in 2014], they wouldn’t have liked that and they’ve come out again and been incredible really,” Rooney said to ESPN. Rooney scored United’s goal in the 2011 Champions League final and recognised that it was frustrating to lose two finals to Barça. Rooney spoke of the differences between the philosophy of the Guardiola side and the Enrique side. “To be so close to winning [the competition] and to lose twice against Barça is hard to accept, sometimes you just have to put your hands up and admit the better team won the game,” he finished, with humility. Sport EN “They’re probably as good now as they have been for the last 10 years, I believe.” Upd. at 15:39
Roscommon Joint Managers Kevin Mc Stay and Fergal O Donnell tonight named their team to play Galway in the Connacht Final replay in McHale Park Castlebar on Sunday next at 3-30pm. The Ciarán Murtagh lead team shows a number of positional changes and one change in the team that started against Galway in the Connacht Final last week. Senan Kilbride returns in place of Enda Smith who was Roscommon’s goal scorer last week. This game will see Sean Mc Dermott make his 154th appearance for Roscommon Seanie has played championship football for Roscommon since 2005 making his debut against Leitrim in the National Football League and London in the Championship.The team in full is 1 Darren O’Malley (Michael Glaveys)2 David Murray (Padraig Pearses)3 Sean Mullooly (Strokestown)4 Niall McInerney (St Brigids)5 Sean McDermott (Western Gaels)6 John McManus (Roscommon Gaels)7 Sean Purcell (Boyle)8 Niall Daly (Padraig Pearses)9 Cathal Compton (Strokestown)10 Fintan Cregg (Elphin)11 Conor Devaney (Kilbride)12 David Keenan (St Barrys)13 Cathal Cregg (Western Gaels)14 Senan Kilbride (St Brigids)15 Ciaran Murtagh C (St Faithleachs)Substitutes16 Geoffrey Claffey (Castlerea St Kevins)17 Cian Connolly (Roscommon Gaels)18 Donie Shine (Clann na nGael)19 Donie Smith (Boyle)20 Enda Smith (Boyle)21 Fergal Lennon ( Clann na nGael)22 Kevin Higgins (Western Gaels)23 Niall Carty (Padraig Pearses)24 Niall Kilroy (Fuerty)25 Thomas Corcoran (Strokestown)26 Ultan Harney (Clann na nGael)print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Kevin Higgins makes his return to the match day 26 and this is his first appearance on a panel under McStay and O Donnell. He underwent surgery on a shoulder injury at Christmas.
Nicosia giants APOEL are through to the last four of the Cyprus Cup after a 2-0 win over Anorthosis in the second leg of their quarter-final at the GSP Stadium in the capital on Wednesday.The Cyprus champions sealed a 2-0 aggregate victory following a goalless first leg.Algerian star Rafik Djebbour was the hero, scoring twice in the second-half after 67 and 80 minutes.
The New Amsterdam Town Council (NATC) has taken a decision to fine property owners with overgrowth on their premises, as much as ,000 if the Town Council has to clean it.The decision was taken at the NATC’s last statutory meeting, where the topic of the Town’s environment took centre stage.Following the meeting, head of the Environmental Health Department, Municipal Health Inspector, Ackloo Ramsudh, told Guyana Times that those who would be affected are those who have migrated.“There are a lot of difficulties in locating the owners of those lots and so the Council has taken a decision since we cannot locate these owners or some of them, that we have served written notices to and have failed to comply… so the Council will enter on those lands, have it weeded and cleaned and the cost incurred in that exercise will be determined by the council. Those monies will be fixed onto the taxes of those proprietors, so those persons who are accustomed to paying 00 and 0 per year, could find that when they come to pay their taxes they have to pay ,000,” Ramsudh said.According to the health inspector, the council has received complaints that delinquents have been using such places as hideouts. The NATC’s decision is also being welcomed by the Police.Meanwhile, Ackloo says the department has also been raising concerns over the town’s limited ability to control mosquito borne diseases.He explained: “We know that there has been an increase in mosquito-borne diseases within the township and within the country as a whole and some of these lands provide a harbour for mosquitoes and the accumulation of water provides breathing grounds for mosquitoes because one cycle of the mosquito’s life takes place in water.”He said the council is urging errant persons to cooperate with the municipality and have their lots cleared of overgrowth, despite the fact that these fines will bring much needed revenue to the cash-strapped Municipality.
1 Nine FIFA officials stand accused of breeding decades of “rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted” corruption within the scandal-hit world football organisation, the US justice department said.The FIFA officials, including vice-president Jeffrey Webb and former vice-president Jack Warner, and five others have been charged with racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracies in connection with an alleged “24-year scheme to enrich themselves through the corruption of international soccer”.The defendants also include US and South American sports marketing executives who the department said “are alleged to have systematically paid and agreed to pay well over 150 million US dollars in bribes and kickbacks to obtain lucrative media and marketing rights to international soccer tournaments”.Attorney General Loretta Lynch said: “The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States.“It spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.“And it has profoundly harmed a multitude of victims, from the youth leagues and developing countries that should benefit from the revenue generated by the commercial rights these organisations hold, to the fans at home and throughout the world whose support for the game makes those rights valuable.“Today’s action makes clear that this Department of Justice intends to end any such corrupt practices, to root out misconduct, and to bring wrongdoers to justice – and we look forward to continuing to work with other countries in this effort.”It comes as Swiss authorities announced a separate investigation in to mismanagement and money laundering surrounding the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.Seven of the officials, including Webb, were arrested in an early morning raid at a Zurich hotel today carried out by Swiss authorities at the request of the US.Director James Comey of the FBI said: “As charged in the indictment, the defendants fostered a culture of corruption and greed that created an uneven playing field for the biggest sport in the world.“Undisclosed and illegal payments, kickbacks, and bribes became a way of doing business at Fifa. I want to commend the investigators and prosecutors around the world who have pursued this case so diligently, for so many years.”In a Fifa press conference in Zurich, the world governing body’s director of communications Walter de Gregorio confirmed that Friday’s presidency election will go ahead as planned despite today’s revelations.He added that there will also be no redraw of the Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 World Cup wins, despite the separate Swiss investigation in to possible criminal mismanagement of the allocations. Jeffrey Webb
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic 1 Slaven Bilic has urged his players to shape West Ham’s future at the Olympic Stadium but warned the move could prove “dangerous” to the club.The Hammers begin life away from Upton Park, their home for 112 years, when they face NK Domzale of Slovenia on Thursday looking to overcome a 2-1 first-leg deficit to advance into the play-off round for a spot in the Europa League.The move to the London Stadium, which is the new name for the Olympic Stadium, is seen as a way of moving West Ham into the higher echelons of the Premier League and to bring in more revenue.But Bilic has urged caution and does not want it to be taken as a given that success will come hand in hand with the move.“Yes this is an opportunity for West Ham to establish themselves but as well (to think like) this is dangerous,” he said.“I am an optimistic person but somebody has mentioned it that we experienced some bad examples of stadium moves. Fifty-two thousand season tickets sold are not going to get you a throw-in in the game. They are not going to get you a corner. They are not going to get you a point.“The pitch is the same and you have to prove it. The stadium brings so many advantages and everybody is buzzing, blah, blah, blah. But it also has some minuses compared to Upton Park. It is up to us to use this great situation that we are privileged to be in.”Bilic highlighted Arsenal’s move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium in 2006 and Southampton’s relocation to St Mary’s in 2001 as examples of clubs finding it difficult to adapt to a new home.Saints took just one point from their first five Premier League games after leaving The Dell, while Arsenal’s title hopes took a hit as they won just half of their opening 10 league fixtures at the Emirates Stadium.“I’m aware of that, some teams don’t struggle but need time to adjust,” Bilic said when asked about the problems about relocating.“I thought about it a few months ago during the process but I don’t think about it now, it is there.“We have to be positive and I’m totally positive, the players are not afraid of it, they like it. They liked it from the start, we have moved just 10 minutes, it is still east London.“It is going to be hard to replace the Boleyn Ground like it was hard to replace Highbury or at Southampton, it is a different kind of stadium.“There is no reason to approach that issue in a negative way. On the contrary, it is a privilege to play in such a great stadium in front of a big crowd and we are looking forward to it.”West Ham fielded a strong starting XI in defeat to Domzale in the first leg but fell short against opponents whose domestic season is already under way.Bilic will have the same squad this week, with Dimitri Payet, Angelo Ogbonna and James Collins still rested following their involvement at Euro 2016.“It’s the first game at our new stadium so it’s a big game for us,” Bilic said.“We are going to have to play much better than the first leg. We don’t have a mountain to climb, but a job to do.”
Sead Kolasinac 1 Manchester City have stepped up their pursuit of Arsenal and Liverpool target Sead Kolasinac.All three Premier League clubs are hoping to lure the Schalke star to England this summer – but it looks as though City have stolen a march on their rivals.According to Bild, manager Pep Guardiola held a meeting with Gordon Stipic, the agent of Kolasinac, about the future of his client.The defender is out of contract in the summer and has no shortage of options as he plots his next move.Guardiola is in the market for new full-backs given his current crop are all reaching the closing stages of their careers.So 23-year-old Kolasinac fits the bill for City, the club his close friend Leroy Sane joined in the summer.
CHATSWORTH – A fast-moving fire swept through a warehouse of floor supplies and nearly destroyed a commercial building Tuesday, authorities said. Some 140 firefighters battled huge flames whipped by strong winds and brought the fire under control within an hour, authorities said. With a force and speed that surprised fire crews, flames engulfed the 60-by-200 foot storehouse for Tri-Star Interiors – a floor and window covering company – just before 5 p.m. Five employees scrambled to flee the business, part of an industrial complex at 20800 Dearborn St. There were no reported injuries. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’“It was like big mushroom clouds,” employee Susan Spratlen said outside the burning building. “We have rolls of carpet, and they went up in flames.” Firefighters were expected to remain at the scene overnight to ensure burning embers did not blow away from the site.
“This is a game that you just can’t just discard.“We had a great result in the first game but we had to work very hard and it will be equally that tomorrow.” Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers insists his players won’t take it easy against Astana, despite holding a healthy advantage in their Champions League play-off tie.A 5-0 win at Celtic Park last week sees Rodgers’ side on the brink of qualifying for the group stages for the second consecutive year, bar a comeback that even Astana’s manager has written off as too unlikely.The Celtic manager wouldn’t look beyond the second leg in Kazakhstan though, saying his team had travelled with the intent of working hard to secure another positive result.“In every single game we play we are always relaxed but focused and there is no change in this game,” he said. “We are never complacent, we never take anything for granted and that is a daily part of our life.“When you play for a huge club like Celtic every day you have to prove yourself and in every game, so there is no question of being too complacent.“My players will be relaxed but always with a focus.“We worked very well in the first leg but we need to complete the job tomorrow. The first leg is gone, it’s in the past.
Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Replicating your company’s data off-site in real time or close to it is important — reconstructing munged or lost data is a headache at best, and that’s assuming you can do it. But protecting the data and keeping it available isn’t that useful if you don’t have systems to run it on, as anybody whose desktop crashes at two in the morning knows all too well. So it’s not surprising that a number of IT service companies, like IBM and SunGard have been offering “failover servers in the cloud” business continuity option.One interesting one is Toronto-based Geminare.Their Cloud Recovery/Auto Failover service has two notable aspects:First, they offer a software-only on-premises solution. There’s no hardware to buy, install, or maintain, not even any provider appliance to simply provision power, connectivity and space (and security) for.Pretty darn fast, automatic failover. According to Geminare CEO Joshua Geist, “The Cloud Recovery/Auto Failover service has a real-time replica in the cloud, so if something happens to the production site, user traffic fails over within about a minute.” The Geminare service supports email file servers, databases, and other applications, and the company says they have an RPO and RTO of one minute. The software agent is doing block-level replication, so data shouldn’t get lost. A few transactions might be delayed for a minute or so — but no data should be lost, the company says.Here’s where the story gets real interesting: Geminare can do the “failback” to the original system in the same minute-or-so timeframe. Costs for Geminare’s Cloud Recovery/Auto Failover start at $500/month (typically, for up to three days’ of service per month, and no, unused time doesn’t roll over).Daniel Dern is an independent technology and business writer, who has written one Internet user guide, and thousands of features, reviews and other articles for various technology and business publications, and was the founding Editor-in-Chief at Internet World magazine, and editor of Byte.com. His blog can be found at http://www.tryingtechnology.com/ and he can be reached at email@example.com. Suppose you don’t need near-instant, automatic failover — but again, assuming your data is protected, if something happens to a server environment, if you don’t have a backup system, you can’t crank up your apps again.For these circumstances, Geminare offers its Virtual Server Rapid Recovery, which maintains a restore-ready image that can be cranked up on a Geminare server, and even work with third-party online backup services such as Iron Mountain Live Vault, which may have your data. (Geminarre does not currently offer online data backup.) This gets you going a lot faster than if you have to build a new production server. Virtual Server Rapid Recovery starts at $50/month, for up to three days of active service per month.Even if you’re protecting your key servers with automatic failure, don’t forget to monitor these — so you know when something happens — and your other servers — so you can take action. (See Monitor MongoDB Servers with Server Density.)And yes, this means IT is requesting yet more money for BC/DR — another form of insurance, part of the techno-security blanket. But when — not if — something goes this wrong, having one or more real-time or near-line failover solutions will, I predict, prove worth every dollar. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Related Posts Tags:#solution-series#Sponsored Resources daniel p dern A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market