Related Filesnyc_memo_-_17-6-2013-pdfteam_nomination_form_-_2013_cl__indicative_-xls-xlsxteam_nomination_form_-_2013_nyc__indicative_-xls-xlsxRelated LinksNYC & Champions League Please find enclosed some information in relation to the Touch Football Australia 2013 X-Blades National Youth Championships and inaugural Touch Football Australia 2013 Champions League.Please click on the following attachments for more information.
Ticketmaster and its parent company Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. allegedly used a deceptive practice known as “drip pricing” that saw customers pay sometimes more than 65 per cent above advertised costs, the Competition Bureau said Thursday.The law enforcement watchdog filed an application with the Competition Tribunal, asking it to end the alleged practice and make the companies pay an administrative monetary penalty.Findings from its investigation allege that Ticketmaster’s advertised prices deceived consumers by adding more mandatory costs — like service fees, facility charges or order processing fees, depending on the ticket — later on in the purchasing process.This so-called drip pricing allegedly caused consumers to pay much higher prices than advertised.“Ticketmaster’s mandatory fees often inflate the advertised price by more than 20 per cent and, in some cases, by over 65 per cent,” the bureau said.In its filings, the bureau said it’s misleading to reveal the true cost of tickets after fans use the original price representation to decide which seats to buy. Consumers often don’t want to lose their tickets once they learn the truth, the document reads, and in certain cases the companies use a countdown clock that increases pressure on consumers to finish their purchase.In Quebec, where provincial law makes all-inclusive pricing mandatory, the companies do not use drip pricing, the filing said.“This model demonstrates that the internet buying process can be structured in a way that is transparent and not misleading,” the document reads, adding that companies choose not to use this model elsewhere in Canada.A statement from Ticketmaster said that it “remains committed to getting tickets into the hands of fans and has long practised transparency to enable informed purchasing decisions.”The ticket sales and distribution company added it is working closely with provincial governments to enhance consumer protection.Live Nation did not immediately responded to a request for comment.In July, the bureau asked sports and entertainment ticket vendors to review their marketing practices and display the full price up front.“Together, these actions send a strong signal to online retailers: consumers must have confidence that advertised prices are the ones they will pay,” Commissioner of Competition John Pecman said in a statement.One of the Competition Bureau’s roles is to promote truth in advertising by discouraging deceptive business practices. The watchdog has previously called this “a priority.”The case against the ticket sellers is consistent with action that the bureau has taken in other industries dating as far back as 2011, said Anita Banicevic, a partner at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP in Toronto.That year, the bureau reached an agreement with Bell Canada over what it said were misleading representations about the prices offered for Bell services due to additional mandatory fees. The telecom agreed to pay $10 million.Since then, the bureau’s applied its view that such mandatory fees should be included in advertised prices in cases against companies in a range of industries, Banicevic said.In recent years, the bureau reached agreements with multiple car rental companies to resolve concerns over their use of drip pricing.In June 2016, Aviscar Inc. and Budgetcar Inc. agreed to pay a $3 million administrative monetary penalty and $250,000 towards the bureau’s investigative costs after an investigation found mandatory fees disclosed later when making a car reservation could boost the price by five to 20 per cent over the one originally advertised, a bureau statement said.In April 2017, the bureau reached an agreement with Hertz Canada Ltd. and Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Canada Inc., according to another statement. The companies agreed to pay a total of $1.25 million after an investigation found their advertised low prices were unattainable because mandatory fees boosted them by 10 to 57 per cent.“All of the cases the bureau has brought in this area with respect to the disclosure of fees have to date been settled,” said Banicevic, with the exception of an ongoing case against Leon’s Furniture Ltd. and The Brick Ltd. that is still before the courts.Follow @AleksSagan on Twitter.
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will issue a single document combining the certificate and marksheet for class 10 board exams from this year onwards, officials said Tuesday.A decision in thais regard was taken by the board’s examination committee and was approved by the governing body recently. “A single certificate at secondary level examination combining the language of the marksheet and certificate shall be issued for class 10 examination with effect from 2019,” a senior board official said. “The document shall be treated as a certificate and candidates shall have to fulfill requirements as notified by the board for obtaining a duplicate one,” the official added. Class 12 students will, however, continue to get separate documents for marksheet and certificate of examination. If a student has appeared for an improvement examination, he or she shall not be issued a separate pass certificate for that subject but only a separate statement of marks obtained, the official said.
Mumbai: Actor Kangana Ranaut has opted out of filmmaker Anurag Basu’s next Imali as she wants to focus more on her directorial venture. The project, which will also feature Rajkummar Rao, would have marked her third collaboration with Basu after her debut Gangster and Life in a Metro. The actor said Imali was supposed to go on floors in November 2018 but she had to direct and reshoot Manikarnika, so the film was pushed. “Anurag and I have spoken about it. I feel extremely bad because ‘Imali’ was giving me an opportunity to work with my mentor again, but I’m on the verge of announcing my own film in a few weeks from now. That has taken a lot of my time and I have conveyed it to Anurag, who understood my situation,” she said in a statement. The actor said her focus right now is on her next directorial. “We will work together at some point. ‘Imali’ is a beautiful love story and we can do that later. But right now, my focus is on my next directorial venture.” Kangana is currently working on three films – Mental Hai Kya, Panga and Jayalalithaa biopic.
Tight end Marcus Baugh checks in at the team hotel before camp. Credit: Sheridan Hendrix | Lantern PhotographerRedshirt junior tight end Marcus Baugh has some big shoes to fill.The last two starting tight ends for Ohio State, Jeff Heuerman and Nick Vannett, were picked in the third round of the 2015 and 2016 NFL Drafts, respectively. Now in 2016, Baugh has a chance to make an impression as the next starting tight end for the Buckeye offense.Even though both Heuerman and Vannett were drafted fairly high in their respective drafts, the tight end position has not been a prominent role in the Buckeye offensive scheme for the past couple of seasons. Heuerman, in 2013, was the last OSU tight end to record over 20 receptions in a season.Despite tight ends combining for only 194 yards and one touchdown on 21 receptions last season, Baugh is confident that his group will play a bigger role in 2016.“Right now I have a pretty good role on offense,” Baugh said. “We changed some reads to where I’ll be the first read or on some, if the first read is covered, I’ll be the second read.”Offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Ed Warinner made it clear that the reads Baugh was referring to are just quicker options for redshirt junior quarterback J.T. Barrett to get the ball to the tight end on plays. Warinner is making sure that his offense, especially Baugh, are ready to contribute at a high level.“We have certain segments where we emphasize the tempo,” Warinner said. “We’re trying to find out who the consistent playmakers are. Marcus has shown that he can be one.”Baugh, a four-star recruit in 2013 from John W. North High School in Riverside, California, saw his first significant action in the passing game in the 2016 spring game. Barrett found Baugh over the middle numerous times adding up to seven receptions and 64 yards.It was a quiet but distinct performance in an objectively insignificant game. But that’s who Baugh is as a football player. “Marcus is quiet by nature,” Warinner said. “But in our small group with the tight ends, he does a great job … talking to them, leading them and trying to have them understand the Buckeye way and the right way to do things.”He leads a room of young, highly touted tight end recruits who could serve big roles in future OSU offenses, as well as this one. Redshirt freshman A.J. Alexander has been taking reps with the second-string, and freshman Jake Hausmann is close behind him.Warinner said that Baugh is taking steps toward ensuring the success of younger players below him on the depth chart.“They actually do know a lot,” Baugh said about Alexander and Hausman. “I don’t really have to tell them anything. I just got to get them to the point where if something happens and they go in, they’ll be ready.”With statistical expectations low, Baugh has the chance to surpass expectations for a historically underwhelming yet highly touted tight end position.
Fifa claims World Cup referee Mark Geiger did not ask Cristiano Ronaldo for his shirt during Portugal’s win over Morocco.The governing body cleared Geiger of any wrongdoing after Watford’s Moroccan midfielder Nordin Amrabat said one of Ronaldo’s team-mates had told him the official had sought a memento from the striker who on Wednesday became the highest scoring European in the history of international football.Fifa said in a statement via the Telegraph:“It has been claimed that Mr Geiger asked for the shirt of the captain of Portugal during the half-time interval. Mr Geiger strongly refutes these claims and categorically states that such a request was not made.Fan dies after setting herself on fire protesting Iran’s ban on women spectators Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 A young woman from Iran set, only publicly known as The Blue Girl for the color of her favorite club Esteghlal, has died from her injuries after protesting Iran’s ban on female fans.“Fifa unequivocally condemns the allegations supposedly made by a member of the Moroccan team.“Fifa referees are under clear instructions with regard to their behaviour and relationship with the teams at the 2018 Fifa World Cup Russia and it can be confirmed that Mr Geiger has acted in an exemplary and professional manner as an appointed match official.“Fifa would like to remind teams of their duty to respect all principles of fair play.”
The Spanish footballer is joining Atletico Madrid in the Spanish La Liga, but he was booed by Chelsea fans while Atleti supporters don’t want him.Spanish striker Alvaro Morata received bad treatment in the last Chelsea match.And as people knew he would go to the Spanish La Liga to join Atletico Madrid, he was also booed by Atleti’s supports on social media for his Real Madrid past.But the 26-year-old forward wants to remind people he grew up in the Atletico youth system.Morata played for Los Colchoneros from 2005 to 2007 when he was just a kid. He then moved to Getafe and Real Madrid’s youth systems.It was with Real Madrid when he debuted in 2010, spending time with the A and B teams.In 2014 he joined Italian Lega Serie A giants Juventus for two years, before returning for one season to Madrid.Mourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.And in 2017, he joined Chelsea where he hasn’t had the best of times.“I’m very happy to be starting this new stage in my career, I’ve been waiting days for this to happen,” he told Diario As.“I’ve still got to undergo a medical and I can’t wait for this to be completed so I can start training with my teammates.”“The people who have always been by my side know how I feel and how I will be feeling tomorrow as well as how these last few days have been for me,” he added.“I’m very happy.”“It’s normal that other people will have their own thoughts about it but I know what I have to do,” he said about Atletico fans not wanting him because of his Real Madrid past.“I started out playing for Atleti and the people who know my background and where I come from know my history and what this means to me. The past is the past and we can’t change it. I’m very proud of what I’ve done and I hope it all goes through smoothly tomorrow”.
One hundred percent of the funds donated during the radiothon go straight to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee for them to continue the research and treatment of kids with catastrophic diseases including cancer and other illnesses. The KSRM Radio Group hosted the 10th annual ‘Country Cares for Kids’ radiothon on April 13, and 14. Matt Wilson the General Manager with the KSRM Radio Group has been a Partner in Hope for 22 years: “Each year we turn the radio station over to the kids at the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and I do this each and every year, because I know how important it is to make sure that we are doing everything we can to save these young lives.” This year an estimated 15,780 kids in the United States will be diagnosed with cancer, that is the equivalent to the 29 elementary schools we have throughout the Kenai Peninsula. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Last updated on April 15th, 2018 at 09:57 amSt. Jude Children’s Research Hospital helps children who are our neighbors, children of our friends, and even our family members. Each year volunteers fill up the KWHQ 100.1 FM’s studio to volunteer their time for the annual St. Jude Radiothon.Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food, and a majority of money to operate St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital comes from the Partners in Hope donations. You still have time to become a Partner in Hope by pledging just $20 a month by calling 283-4504 or 1-800-726-5334 to make a donation.
Homer Electric Association is responding to a power outage affecting approximately 1,200 members from the Kasilof substation south towards Ninilchik. Details are limited. Updates will be posted as they are made available. Original Post: As of 7:20am, HEA crews are being dispatched and will begin patrolling the line shortly. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Update: 10:55am Power has been restored